2. Coffee & I are trying to make friends again. It gives me a boost, but eventually leaves me shaky & out of sorts. Not sure we can reconcile
3. I attended new conferences and traveled to states I never thought I would go to solo
4. I treasure completely free weekends with my husband
5. I have made the most amazing, feed-your-soul, life-long kind of friends
6. I have sacrificed my sanity… many, many times
7. I have stepped out of my comfort zone, stomped on the fears that once paralyzed me, and have lived to tell the tale
8. Mini vacays have become my savor! Give me a few nights in Mexico or a staycation at the Biltmore & I am one happy camper!
9. I realized that editing for zillions of hours & zillions of days in a row, brings back my wicked back pain
10. I need a new focus…
What is this new focus you ask? To enjoy a balanced life! Yes, booking a million jobs is great. Yes, networking and growing my business is wonderful. But what about feeling balanced? So this year, I vow to make a few changes. In fact, I have already begun to introduce them into my daily routine. They may seem very small, but they bring a new calm to my life…
1. Surround myself with music I love. I can remember being 16, sitting in my room & listening to the same song on repeat until my CD player began to smoke. For whatever reason, I have forgotten that I can turn on music whenever I like. It can match my mood, get me out of a funk, and yes, I can & will put on Madness by Muse on repeat for at least 800 times!
2. Take time to read amazing books. Reading used to be one of my favorite activities. I would read & read until I could barely keep my eyes open at night. Again, somewhere along the way books took a back seat in my day to day. So I am reconnecting with some old favs this month!
3. Enjoy a full night of sleep! Actually turn off the light & shut my eyes at 10pm. There is really nothing more glorious!
4. Not a day-to-day activity, but much needed… Plan a uber amazing vacation with the husband! Weekend staycations are nice & all, but there is nothing that can hold a candle to the 1 1/2 weeks we spent in Antigua a few years back. Not to mention it included a ton of reading & sleeping ;) I’m definitely all over the travel sites lately. It is going to be epic!
So that’s it. 2012 in a nutshell. It brought many joys, but I think it has become quite clear I need much more balance in my life. I’m definitely not getting any younger ;)
And because every post deserves at least a photo or two… Here is our Antiguan beach! Ahhhh paradise!